Sunday 26 October 2008

The table shakes and all the lights turn blue

Today's a melancholy day.

I went to a colleague's leaving do last night. To put things in context, I work for a tiny company. There are less than ten of us including the cleaner and the dog. We're all pretty close, and losing one person means a significant increase in everyone else's (already hefty) workload. So it's sad times all round. Also, I had to be in some of the photos. I really fucking hate that.

So I came home in a shite mood, went to bed and dreamed about my biological father, who is not the dad I grew up with. Long story. Actually it's not, I just don't want to tell it. The dream was fabulously intricate. It ended happily, because he had cunningly turned himself into more invisible peas than anyone realised. The knights destroyed the first three, but there were others hidden somewhere outside the castle and he came back to life. We had a celebratory feast and I gave him a big hug. Then I woke up and was terribly happy until I remembered that I've never even met the guy. Blah.

I wrote him a long email today. I hope he writes back. I didn't mention the invisible peas.

Now I'm sitting up at two in the morning, listening to the wind blustering in the chimney and the Owl snoring gently from upstairs. I keep singing the same song under my breath. It's a sweet sad little tune and it's making me awful weepy. Graw. To bed!

No comments: